This Page

has been moved to new address

This Morning's Playlist

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* global ----------------------------------------------- */ body { margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: center; min-width: 760px; background: #ce436e url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_body.gif) repeat-x left top; font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, "trebuchet ms", sans-serif; color: #632035; } blockquote { margin: 0; padding: 0 10px 0 10px; border-left: 6px solid #f7d8e2; border-right: 6px solid #f7d8e2; color: #ba476b; } code { color: #ba8094; } hr { display: none; } /* layout ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #wrapper { margin: 0 auto; width: 760px; text-align: left; } #blog-header { padding-bottom: 15px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_header_bottom.gif) no-repeat left bottom; } #blog-header div { background: #632035 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_header.gif) repeat-x left bottom; } #main-wrapper { position: relative; width: 760px; background: #f7f0e9 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_main_wrapper.gif) repeat-y left top; } #main-content { display: inline; /* fixes a strange ie margin bug */ float: left; margin: 0 0 0 3px; padding: 0; width: 483px; } #content-wrapper { padding: 22px 0 0 0; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_content.gif) repeat-x left top; } } @media handheld { #wrapper { width: 90%; } #blog-header { background:none; } #blog-header div { background: #632035; } #main-wrapper { width: 100%; background: #f7f0e9; } #main-content { float: none; width: 100%; } #content-wrapper { background: none; } } .post { margin: 0 16px 14px 29px; padding: 0; border-bottom: 3px solid #f7d8e2; } #comments { margin: 0 16px 14px 29px; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #f0ced8; background-color: #f5e4e9; } @media all { #sidebar-wrapper { display: inline; /* fixes a strange ie margin bug */ float: right; margin: 0 3px 0 0; width: 269px; color: #761c37; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_sidebar.gif) repeat-x left top; } #sidebar { padding: 7px 11px 0 14px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_sidebar_arrow.gif) repeat-y 179px 0; } #blog-footer { padding-top: 15px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer_top.gif) no-repeat left top; } #blog-footer div { background: #491525 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer.gif) repeat-x left top; } } @media handheld { #sidebar-wrapper { float: none; width: 100%; background:none; } #sidebar { background:none; } #blog-footer { background:none; } #blog-footer div { background: #491525; } } #profile-container { margin-bottom: 20px; } #blog-footer { padding-top: 15px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer_top.gif) no-repeat left top; } #blog-footer div { background: #491525 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer.gif) repeat-x left top; } /* headings ----------------------------------------------- */ #blog-header h1 { margin: 0; padding: 26px 0 0 84px; color: #feeef3; font-size: 30px; line-height: 25px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_header.gif) no-repeat 16px 26px; } h2.date-header { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 29px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #c88fa2; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_date.gif) no-repeat 13px 0; } .date-header span { margin: 0 0 0 5px; padding: 0 25px 0 25px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_date.gif) no-repeat 0 0; } h2.sidebar-title { padding: 1px 0 0 36px; font-size: 14px; color: #bd8095; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_sidebar_heading.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; } #profile-container h2.sidebar-title { color: #95526a; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_sidebar_profileheading.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; } .post h3.post-title { margin: 13px 0 0 0; padding: 0; font-size: 18px; color: #ba476b; } #comments h4 { margin-top: 0; font-size: 16px; } /* text ----------------------------------------------- */ #blog-header p { margin: 0; padding: 7px 16px 0 84px; color: #feeef3; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 14px; } .post-body div { font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; margin: 0; height:1%; overflow:visible; } .post-body blockquote { margin: 10px 0px; } p.post-footer { font-size: 11px; color: #bd8095; text-align: right; } p.post-footer em { display: block; float: left; text-align: left; font-style: normal; } p.comment-data { font-size: 12px; } .comment-body p { font-size: 12px; line-height: 17px; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } #sidebar p { font-size: 12px; line-height: 17px; margin-bottom: 20px; } #sidebar p.profile-textblock { clear: both; margin-bottom: 10px; } .profile-link { padding: 0 0 0 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_profile.gif) no-repeat 0 0; } p#powered-by { margin: 0; padding: 0; } #blog-footer p { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 15px 55px; color: #feeef3; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_footer.gif) no-repeat 16px 0; } /* lists ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-data { font-size: 13px; line-height: 17px; } .post ul { padding-left: 32px; list-style-type: none; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; } .post li { padding: 0 0 4px 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_list_item.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; } #comments ul { margin: 0; padding: 0; list-style-type: none; } #comments li { padding: 0 0 1px 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_comment.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; } #sidebar ul { margin: 0 0 20px 0; padding: 0; list-style-type: none; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; } #sidebar li { padding: 0 0 4px 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_list_item.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; } /* links ----------------------------------------------- */ a { color: #bf277e; font-weight: bold; } a:hover { color: #96095a; } a.comment-link { /* ie5.0/win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_comment.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left: 14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* respecified, for ie5/mac's benefit */ background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_comment.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left: 14px; } #sidebar ul a { color: #e25984; } #sidebar ul a:hover { color: #b02c56; } #powered-by a img { border: none; } #blog-header h1 a { color: #feeef3; text-decoration: none; } #blog-header h1 a:hover { color: #d9b4c1; } h3.post-title a { color: #ba476b; text-decoration: none; } h3.post-title a:hover { color: #902245; } /* miscellaneous ----------------------------------------------- */ .post-photo { padding: 3px; border: 1px solid #ebbdcc; } .profile-img { display: inline; } .profile-img img { float: left; margin: 0 10px 5px 0; padding: 3px; border: 1px solid #ebbdcc; } .profile-data strong { display: block; } .clear { clear: both; line-height: 0; height: 0; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { font-size: 14px; } #postfeeds { font-size: 12px; }

Tiaras and Trucks

Thursday, August 11, 2011

This Morning's Playlist

It's darker out at 5:45 a.m. than I remember.  When did I officially become a night runner? (That should NOT be confused with Knight Rider, though I would love a car that could drive me places while I took a nap.)  Thankfully I didn't have a night like Carrie Underwood in Last Name.

Yes car, I see you and hear you honking, even with Pump It (Black Eyed Peas) in the background.  If three cars can fit on this street, I'm pretty sure there's room for you and me, especially since I am now running on the grass next to the actual road.

Not Afraid (Eminem) might have to become an opening song if it's going to stay on my iPod.  I love Eminem, and he pumps me up mentally, but my legs just aren't feeling it.  Running in the morning without eating is a whole different animal than running after a full day's worth of fueling and pent-up frustrations.

Why hello there legs!  Footloose (Kenny Loggins) does it every time.

Having Like a G6 (Far East Movement) play immediately after Footloose either shows that I'm not quite as old as I feel some days or that I am exactly that old and need to stop watching Gossip Girl.

Unlike the last two songs, Gold Digger (Kanye West, featuring Jaime Foxx) slows me down, which isn't a good thing when facing that annoying hill three-quarters into my run.

Thank goodness I'm Shipping Up to Boston (Dropkick Murphys) -  is short.  I'm getting tired.

When I mentally tell myself I have one more song to get home, is it cheating when that song is a behemouth like The Rockafeller Skank (Fatboy Slim)?  Thankfully, it only took about a quarter of the song to make it back to my house or it would have been the slowest three blocks ever recorded.

I had a planned post in my head, and this wasn't it.  But last night, Ryan and I celebrated my birthday by lazing on the couch and watching Valentine's Day instead of studying (him) or writing (me).  There's nothing like a movie with Jennifer Garner, Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway, and Jessica Alba to motivate me to get out of bed to run.  (No offense intended to Shirley MacLaine).
he was sleeping when I got home 
she was not
(though she did go back to sleep for about fifteen minutes)

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Anonymous jentos23 said...

    Oh, I am definitely a morning runner. I was thinking the same thing at 5:30 this morning...it's really dark out! I love Black Eyed Peas, especially when I'm running.
    P.S. I watch Valentine's Day for the men...Patrick Dempsey especially XO

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Kir said...

    OOOH I love all those songs, except Eminem, never did like him. But the others, love them and I love that movie too. Every single bit of it, especially Eric Dane. YUMMY!

    glad you didn't write for us, enjoy your time on the couch lady!!!! xo

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Anonymous Melissa(ConfessionsOfaDr.Mom) said...

    This is a great motivating post to get me back into my exercise routine! Happy Belated Birthday by the way, spending time with the hubs is always good:)

    Love the look of your blog, looks fantastic!

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Anonymous shellthings said...

    Wow, girl- that is motivation! I hate getting up early like that!

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    Yes, but if I get up early, I have more time at night to write and watch So You Think You Can Dance :)

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    Thanks Melissa (for the birthday wish & the compliment about the blog!)

    I've been running at night, but I need to get back into the mornings.  I make better choices all day when I run in the morning.

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    I have such weird taste in music, but...

    ...wait...what was I talking about...Eric Dane...um what?

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 10:17 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    I was a morning runner forever, and then the kids were getting up so early that I gradually switched to night.  I need to get back to my mornings, though!

    Eric Dane's my fave, but I'll take a little McDreamy on the side :)

     
  • At August 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous Kate Fineske said...

    Ha! Too funny! From Knight Rider to Gold Digger... to your sleeping and not-so-sleeping children. This was a fun post :) OK, off to copy your music mix into my iPod! LOL.

     
  • At August 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM , Anonymous Angela said...

    Thanks Kate!  It was NOT a planned post, but my brain goes all goofy when I run, so I came home and rushed it off :)

     
  • At August 12, 2011 at 2:45 AM , Anonymous Kimberly said...

    There is no way I could get up that early to run! You sure do have a variety of songs on there! ;)

     
  • At August 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Anonymous jessica said...

    I wish I was disciplined enough to get up and run that early! Love that shot of Abby.

     
  • At August 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    My iPod is a mish mash of so much stuff.  It's probably ridiculous for anyone else to attempt to listen to it :)

     
  • At August 14, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    She's so goofy.

    I wish I could do it every day; I like it so much better than going to the gym and running on the treadmill at 10:00 at night.  If only I could manage to get off the computer and get to bed before 1:00 a.m...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home