This Page

has been moved to new address

I Need a Pedicure and Other Confessions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* global ----------------------------------------------- */ body { margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: center; min-width: 760px; background: #ce436e url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_body.gif) repeat-x left top; font-family: helvetica, arial, verdana, "trebuchet ms", sans-serif; color: #632035; } blockquote { margin: 0; padding: 0 10px 0 10px; border-left: 6px solid #f7d8e2; border-right: 6px solid #f7d8e2; color: #ba476b; } code { color: #ba8094; } hr { display: none; } /* layout ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #wrapper { margin: 0 auto; width: 760px; text-align: left; } #blog-header { padding-bottom: 15px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_header_bottom.gif) no-repeat left bottom; } #blog-header div { background: #632035 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_header.gif) repeat-x left bottom; } #main-wrapper { position: relative; width: 760px; background: #f7f0e9 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_main_wrapper.gif) repeat-y left top; } #main-content { display: inline; /* fixes a strange ie margin bug */ float: left; margin: 0 0 0 3px; padding: 0; width: 483px; } #content-wrapper { padding: 22px 0 0 0; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_content.gif) repeat-x left top; } } @media handheld { #wrapper { width: 90%; } #blog-header { background:none; } #blog-header div { background: #632035; } #main-wrapper { width: 100%; background: #f7f0e9; } #main-content { float: none; width: 100%; } #content-wrapper { background: none; } } .post { margin: 0 16px 14px 29px; padding: 0; border-bottom: 3px solid #f7d8e2; } #comments { margin: 0 16px 14px 29px; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #f0ced8; background-color: #f5e4e9; } @media all { #sidebar-wrapper { display: inline; /* fixes a strange ie margin bug */ float: right; margin: 0 3px 0 0; width: 269px; color: #761c37; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_sidebar.gif) repeat-x left top; } #sidebar { padding: 7px 11px 0 14px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_sidebar_arrow.gif) repeat-y 179px 0; } #blog-footer { padding-top: 15px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer_top.gif) no-repeat left top; } #blog-footer div { background: #491525 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer.gif) repeat-x left top; } } @media handheld { #sidebar-wrapper { float: none; width: 100%; background:none; } #sidebar { background:none; } #blog-footer { background:none; } #blog-footer div { background: #491525; } } #profile-container { margin-bottom: 20px; } #blog-footer { padding-top: 15px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer_top.gif) no-repeat left top; } #blog-footer div { background: #491525 url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_footer.gif) repeat-x left top; } /* headings ----------------------------------------------- */ #blog-header h1 { margin: 0; padding: 26px 0 0 84px; color: #feeef3; font-size: 30px; line-height: 25px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_header.gif) no-repeat 16px 26px; } h2.date-header { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 29px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #c88fa2; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_date.gif) no-repeat 13px 0; } .date-header span { margin: 0 0 0 5px; padding: 0 25px 0 25px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/bg_date.gif) no-repeat 0 0; } h2.sidebar-title { padding: 1px 0 0 36px; font-size: 14px; color: #bd8095; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_sidebar_heading.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; } #profile-container h2.sidebar-title { color: #95526a; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_sidebar_profileheading.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; } .post h3.post-title { margin: 13px 0 0 0; padding: 0; font-size: 18px; color: #ba476b; } #comments h4 { margin-top: 0; font-size: 16px; } /* text ----------------------------------------------- */ #blog-header p { margin: 0; padding: 7px 16px 0 84px; color: #feeef3; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 14px; } .post-body div { font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; margin: 0; height:1%; overflow:visible; } .post-body blockquote { margin: 10px 0px; } p.post-footer { font-size: 11px; color: #bd8095; text-align: right; } p.post-footer em { display: block; float: left; text-align: left; font-style: normal; } p.comment-data { font-size: 12px; } .comment-body p { font-size: 12px; line-height: 17px; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } #sidebar p { font-size: 12px; line-height: 17px; margin-bottom: 20px; } #sidebar p.profile-textblock { clear: both; margin-bottom: 10px; } .profile-link { padding: 0 0 0 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_profile.gif) no-repeat 0 0; } p#powered-by { margin: 0; padding: 0; } #blog-footer p { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 15px 55px; color: #feeef3; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_footer.gif) no-repeat 16px 0; } /* lists ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-data { font-size: 13px; line-height: 17px; } .post ul { padding-left: 32px; list-style-type: none; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; } .post li { padding: 0 0 4px 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_list_item.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; } #comments ul { margin: 0; padding: 0; list-style-type: none; } #comments li { padding: 0 0 1px 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_comment.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; } #sidebar ul { margin: 0 0 20px 0; padding: 0; list-style-type: none; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; } #sidebar li { padding: 0 0 4px 17px; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_list_item.gif) no-repeat 0 3px; } /* links ----------------------------------------------- */ a { color: #bf277e; font-weight: bold; } a:hover { color: #96095a; } a.comment-link { /* ie5.0/win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_comment.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left: 14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* respecified, for ie5/mac's benefit */ background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/thisaway_rose/icon_comment.gif) no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left: 14px; } #sidebar ul a { color: #e25984; } #sidebar ul a:hover { color: #b02c56; } #powered-by a img { border: none; } #blog-header h1 a { color: #feeef3; text-decoration: none; } #blog-header h1 a:hover { color: #d9b4c1; } h3.post-title a { color: #ba476b; text-decoration: none; } h3.post-title a:hover { color: #902245; } /* miscellaneous ----------------------------------------------- */ .post-photo { padding: 3px; border: 1px solid #ebbdcc; } .profile-img { display: inline; } .profile-img img { float: left; margin: 0 10px 5px 0; padding: 3px; border: 1px solid #ebbdcc; } .profile-data strong { display: block; } .clear { clear: both; line-height: 0; height: 0; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { font-size: 14px; } #postfeeds { font-size: 12px; }

Tiaras and Trucks

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Need a Pedicure and Other Confessions



I planned on getting a pedicure and taking a picture of my current favorite wedges for The Summer of Sole Sisters. 

And I don't mean an expensive pedicure where I get to sit in a massaging chair and flip through US Weekly while sipping iced tea; I mean taking off my toenail polish, doing a quick pumice of my feet in the shower, slathering on some peppermint lotion, and slapping on some red polish in honor of the 4th of July.

Instead?  I grabbed the red polish and painted over the chipped coral, smudging it a little, ending up with some of it on my toes in addition to my toenails. 

The flip flops are from Old Navy and are constantly next to our door for when I'm running late, which is a lot of the time.  The turquoise is supposed to help me feel like I'm using a little summer color, to help me feel less self-conscious about slipping on a pair of plastic thongs.  It doesn't.

So many of my days are like that, carefully planned and falling just a little short.

My eyelashes are always curled, mascara applied in two motions I could do in a pitch black room.  Yet, many days my hair is in a ponytail or bun in an attempt to camoflauge that I didn't have time to blowdry it.  Again.

I slide on my trusted Clinique Black Honey as I walk down the stairs.  But I forget to put the slender silver tube back into my purse to retouch when it wears off.

My coffee's in my travel mug, I've got snacks and drinks for the kids, and we're leaving the house on time.  Until I remember that the double stroller's in the garage from our walk yesterday and still needs to be folded into the back of my car.  We're ten minutes late by the time I chase the kids off the swing in the backyard.  Again.

I checked off ten things on my to-do list.  Too bad there were fourteen things on it, and I added five more by the end of the day.

One day, I'll fix my toenail polish and show you my real favorite summer shoes.

But until then, these are the ones I wore today.

And some days, that's ok.




Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • At July 7, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

    From one "never-use-to-be-late-but-always-is-after-kids-now" mom to another: Cheers to summer and being able to slip on flip flops when running a bit behind schedule. :)

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Mama Wants This said...

    I love the turquoise flip flops!!

    Getting anything done on the to-do list is really awesome! Even if it's a few. 

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous Auntcrazyhere said...

    Love the toes and the flip flops! If you got 10 out of 14 (or 19 depending on when you counted LOL) done on your to-do list, I say you're super mom!!!

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Kpiccini said...

    Your toes look great! Do you know I haven't gone to get a pedi in over 4 years??? How sad for us huh? But if you're hand is steady why waste the $$$ right?

    I love ur flip flops...the color is awesome!!! I have been taking pics of my favorite shoes all week..I plan to post on Sunday if I can get myself together..LOL
    You are so cute and Abbey's smile made my day!

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    No!  You need to use one of your vacation days with your girlfriend to go to a pedi place and get your feet pampered :)

    I can't wait to see your shoes!  I will link with better shoes than my $3.50 flip flops, but I had to be honest, and they are worn much, much more frequently than they should be!

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    I don't know...sometimes I write things down just to cross them off and feel accomplished :(

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    I love having a totally crossed off list, but it doesn't happen very often!!

     
  • At July 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    Abbey will say, "Mommy, why are you wearing YOUR flip flops?" because I won't let her wear hers certain places, because she's constantly tripping in them :)

    She's too young to understand that I didn't have time for anything else!

     
  • At July 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Anonymous shehascuteshoes said...

    I love that colour!

    I am hopeless myself at having lovely looking toes. I smudge polish and my toenails are short because they are weak from medication but I don't care. I still wear peep toes and sandals and thongs ( yes flip flops ) ;)

    Your day sounds like me trying to get out of the house...except I don't have kids...so I have no excuse really. Whoops. ;)

     
  • At July 16, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Angela said...

    They're bright blue now :)  And they are much better looking from afar than from up close!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home